breaking news Dmitri Khokhlov

BREAKING NEWS: Dynamo Manager Resigns

1:53 PMGoalChatter


Sources: Official Site of FC Dynamo Moscow, LIVETV, Sport-Express

On Monday, August 6, 2012, Sergei Silkin announced his resignation as manager of FC Dynamo Moscow of his own accord. The Board of Directors approved his request. In an interview with Sport-Express, Silkin confirmed his resignation. "I did request my resignation and bid farewell to the team. The decision is entirely my own - and no one else's. It was a difficult decision to make, but I am ashamed for the kind of football that Dynamo currently demonstrates. The team needs to shake things off. I hope that my departure will be that jolt that will only benefit the team. I've said it many times and I'll say it again: I always did everything with the interests of the team in mind. Of course, I'm not in the best of moods right now, but I am certain that Dynamo will be alright."

This Sunday, Dynamo Moscow lost 4-0 to local rivals Spartak Moscow in the Capital Derby. This was the team's third consecutive loss in the 2012/2013 season of the Russian Premier League.

Dmitri Khokhlov, the manager of Dynamo's reserve team and former assistant to Silkin during the 2011-2012 season, will serve as the interim head coach of FC Dynamo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let me hear - er, see - your thoughts!

eXTReMe Tracker

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *